Archive for category Oracle
As of JAVA 8 Update 73, this is the easiest way I’ve found to deploy JAVA on a corporate environment.
- Download JAVA from here
- You’re going to select the Windows Offline download option
- Take a look at the many installation options now available for the JAVA EXEcutable file, those options can be found here
- From an elevated command line, you’re going to run the JRE executable file with the options you select from step 2
- Here’s just a sample command line (all in one line):
- jre-8u73-windows-i586.exe EULA=Disable INSTALL_SILENT=Enable AUTO_UPDATE=Disable REBOOT=Disable REMOVEOUTOFDATEJRES=1
- You should be able to find the meaning of each installation option by reading the document in step 2. In essence, I’m installing JAVA and accepting the EULA, a silent install with JAVA auto update disabled as well as removing any outdated installations of JAVA and finally rebooting is disabled.
Note: Here’s a great JAVA 8 deployment blog in case you need other means of installing it
For those using System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (SCCM 20120), one of the ways to create an application deployment would be to use ‘manual’ deployment type and use a script to install JAVA. In the script I used, I was able to use START /WAIT command to execute the JRE file.