As an IT professional, I’ve come to collect a rather large quantity of command line utilities that I use during my dealings with computers, laptops and servers. I wrote this command line utility (details.exe) with the intension to help me gather information about computers I’m working with – without having to load, or carry with me, all those uitilities that I may need to do the job.
Details – by no means will replace the many utilities out there; however, it’s just one piece of software that will get the most common details about your system.
Details was written using Visual Basic 2010, so it requires .NET 4 in order to run it.
Here is a list of the parameters and their output.
- /Os – Displays detailed information about the local Operating System.
- /DNet – Displays detailed information about default network card.
- /ANet – Displays detailed information for all network cards.
- /DTraffic – Displays traffic information for default network card.
- /Traffic – Displays traffic information for all network cards.
Following is a list of screenshot with actual output from these parameters.
What “details” still lacks.
- I’ve noticed a few custometic details that I will fix shortly.
- There’s no elegant way to catch for any bugs yet; I’ll take care of that shortly as well.
- More features.
As with any software written by people other than yourself, run this piece of software at your own risk.