Unlike Windows and Linux, there aren’t as many free applications/utilities for OS X. So, what if you want to record your OS X desktop; is there an easy and free way of doing this task?
Well, there is…it’s called QuickTime Player – and it comes free with Mac OS X.
Here are the steps on how to achieve this:
- Open your “Applications” folder
- Click to launch “QuickTime Player”
- Now click on “File” and select “New Screen Recording“
- When the “Screen Recording” window comes up, click on the “record” button
- You’re going to asked if you really want to record, click on “Start Recording“
- When you’re done recording, simple click on “Stop Recording” on the menu bar (button’s located on the upper right-hand corner)
- Once you’ve stopped your screen recording you’ll be asked to save your “movie”; select the file format to record this movie
From step 3.
From step 4.
From step 5.
From step 6.
From step 7.